Care Home Deputy Manager (Nursing)
King's Court Care Home, Holt, Norfolk
- £55,000 per year
- Closing date:
About the company
Family-owned Kingsley Healthcare is a UK top 20 ranked care home group (carehome.co.uk) employing 2,000-plus staff and supporting 1,400 residents.
We have a sector-leading 4.7 Glassdoor rating and are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer. Furthermore, we are proud to have been ranked Number 1 in the UK for work wellbeing in recruiter Indeed’s Better Work Awards 2023. A true testament to Kingsley’s caring ethos.
About the role
As our Deputy Manager, you will assist in managing operations within the home in order to reach or exceed goals while assuring the provision of high-quality care. You will be in charge of overseeing the care staff and will be expected to assume full management in the event that the Home Manager is not present.
Through direct instruction and by setting a good example, you will assist in training and supervising care staff in all facets of their work. You will help the Home Manager with pre-admission assessments of residents, ensure that each resident's care plan and daily records are kept up to date, and foster effective communication with the residents' families and other organisations.
Reports to: Home Manager
This role could be for you if you have;
- Previous Deputy Home Manager experience.
- The ability to engage with the service users to understand their needs in order to provide excellent services of care.
- Good working knowledge of CQC standards.
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with external care professionals, families, visitors and staffing team.
- Ability to promote ownership of care programs by fully involving service users and their families in developing, agreeing and evaluating care programs within the home.
Qualifications required for the role
● NMC registered nurse with relevant experience - essential.
What will you get from the role?
You will have the satisfaction of working with and being supported by an enthusiastic and caring team that puts people at the heart of the business. We know the happiness of our staff improves the service we give our residents. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills, and we have the procedures and processes in place to help you at every step.
Comprehensive induction and training programme.
Opportunities for career development and progression.
Employee Assistance Programme
Blue Light Card Scheme. We’ll reimburse the enrolment fee of this fantastic scheme that offers discounts on holidays, days out and over 15,000 national brands.
We’ll pay for your full DBS disclosure
Paid breaks – we think it’s essential that all staff can take breaks without fear of losing money, so we pay for you to have a break during working hours.
Annual NMC PIN renewal paid