About the company
Family-owned Kingsley Healthcare is a UK top 20 ranked care home group (carehome.co.uk) employing 2,000-plus staff and supporting 1,400 residents.
We have a sector-leading 4.7 Glassdoor rating and are proud to be a Real Living Wage employer. Furthermore, we are proud to have been ranked Number 1 in the UK for work wellbeing in recruiter Indeed’s Better Work Awards 2023. A true testament to Kingsley’s caring ethos.
About the role
To ensure there is always a focus on ensuring excellent customer experience, by ways of presentation and food service within the home.
Reports to: Hospitality Manager/Home Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the meals are served to the highest standard. Promoting a great meal time experience. Gather the feedback and work with the Hospitality Manager/Home Manager.
- Provide a friendly engaging and helpful service in our dining areas, carry out meal time checklist, make sure the tables look inviting, the cutlery should be clean and placed in the correct position, the settings should have the napkins folded and the plates should be on the table, there should be a centre piece, It should look perfect the tablecloths should be clean and pressed, first impressions count.
- Ensure the kitchenette areas in the Home are clean and presented to the highest standard. Tidy and clean after each meal service. Liaise and work with the housekeeper.
- Ensure that all residents are greeted appropriately with a warm and welcoming approach at all times when they arrive in the dining room
- Check the fridges and record the temperatures daily on the sheet provided.
- Ensure that any items in the fridges have an Opening date label on them and a Use by date. If anything is not labelled then please throw away
- Check the fridges and ensure that there are no staff drinks or food in the fridges.
- Clean the fridges once a week.
Skills and Attributes:
- Previous experience of hospitality essential with considerable experience in food and beverage service
- Possess excellent communication, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Have good organisational skills
- An eye for detail
What will you get from the role?
You will have the satisfaction of working with, and being supported by, an enthusiastic and caring team that puts people at the heart of the business. We know the happiness of our staff improves the service we give our residents. You will have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop your skills, and we have the procedures and processes to help you at every step.
Comprehensive induction and training programme.
Opportunities for career development and progression.
Employee Assistance Programme
Blue Light Card Scheme. We’ll reimburse the enrolment fee of this fantastic scheme that offers discounts on holidays, days out and over 15,000 national brands.
We’ll pay for your full DBS disclosure
Your uniform will be provided – this is another cost that we think it’s essential that we cover for you.
Enhanced rates of pay for bank holidays
Our flagship, purpose-built care home in Partington, Manchester, provides a luxurious setting for nursing, residential and dementia care. Residents love Four Oaks' beautiful bedroom suites and delightful amenities that include a cinema room and showpiece sunroom.
28 wood Lane, Partington, Manchester M31 4ND
Apply for this role in 3 easy steps
Some of the accreditations and awards we’re really proud of: