Questions you really need answering
Here are the most common things we get asked. We hope our answers will help you in your quest. If you have any other questions feel free to ask your line manager, who will be happy to help.
By entering an award yourself or by nominating a colleague who you feel is deserving of recognition, the awards are a great chance to showcase your dedication or support your peer’s achievements, while helping to raise the profile of the hard work carried out in the care industry by you or them.
- Anyone can nominate any Kingsley employee.
- Your line manager or colleague can nominate you.
- A resident or a resident’s family member can nominate you.
- An external professional can nominate you.
The following directors are excluded for all awards except for Kingsley personality of the year award:
- Daya Thayan - CEO
- Debbie McGovern – Operations Director
- Ian Jarvis – Finance Director
- Sarah Ferguson – HR Director
- Sumi Thayan – Operations Director
- Wasantha Darshana – IT & Marketing Director
No but long enough to be able to comply with the category criteria. There is a Rising Star Award for newcomers.
Please visit kingsleyhealthcare.co.uk/awards and then select “Nominate”.
Fill the online nomination form and nominate another Kingsley employee and select “Submit” button.
Monday, 15th of July 2019 at 5:00pm
- If your entry or nomination is successful and shortlisted to the final three in your chosen category, you will be invited to attend the awards ceremony.
- You will enjoy a champagne reception and a 3-course dinner following the ceremony where the winners of each category will be announced. We will be joined by celebrity guest hosts, TV star Phil Tufnell and BBC presenter David Whitely.
- We expect the annual award ceremony to be our flagship event and we have arranged several exciting entertainment acts throughout the afternoon; a event never to be forgotten!
- Being a finalist will offer excellent recognition within the organisation.
- All finalists will be presented with a certificate and trophy at the awards ceremony.
- It is not just doing qualifications and training, it is a broad range of learning activities. For example: learning how to do something new in the home, arranging an activity for the first time, taking a buddy/mentor role for the first time, reading articles or keeping a journal etc.
- Please speak to your line manager regarding any further clarification or help with this.
- It is working in a way that others can replicate.
- You can show your staff the way you expect them to work.
- You know and understand the needs of both the resident and staff.
- You continually motivate your staff to work in the right way.
- You promote the Kingsley Healthcare Values.
- Always takes time to help.
- Will plan time to support staff.
- Comes up with solutions for every day issues.
- Will give feedback to the management team.
- Provides examples when giving feedback.
- Will work outside the constraints of their own job.
- Each category has its own set of criteria that the judges will be looking for.
- Read the criteria and then in your own words write why you feel the Kingsley employee should be nominated using up to 300 words.
- Please only submit up to 300 words – No other supporting material will be considered except testimonials.
- If you would like to send testimonials to support your online nomination, please send them to [email protected]. Please make sure that the name of the nominee and the award category is included on all supporting information. Please note that testimonials should be no more than one A4 page.
- Each award has a list of suggested criteria but remember this is just to help the judges. Don’t be put off entering because you feel your candidate does not tick every box - personal qualities are the most important thing.
We would recommend that you keep your nominations confidential until we publish them.
We will publish all the validated nominees after the nomination closing date.
- You can nominate more than one employee including all the directors for any outstanding reason that is worth recognition.
- Only Kingsley employees can nominate another Kingsley employee.
- You can nominate more than one employee for different outstanding qualities.
- Nominate for any reason such as being fun and exciting to work with, has a heart of gold, unbelievably organised, the most punctual person etc.
- The winners will then be chosen NOT by directors but by Kingsley employees in an open vote before the awards evening.
This is also an exception in that your nominations are not required. The winner will be chosen by our board of directors.
When: Thursday 5th September 2019 at 11:00am onwards.
Where: Kesgrave Hall, Hall Road, Kesgrave, Ipswich IP5 2PU