We care for you because you’re part of our family – the Kingsley family.
All our residential homes are unique, and we’re proud of the warm and friendly community and family feeling that thrives within them. Our essential core values of security, friendship, professionalism, family, and independence are promoted throughout all Kingsley care homes. We do not accept anything less than the highest standards of care and we always put you, the resident, at the heart of everything we do.
Our residents and their loved ones always feel welcome in our care homes, so we offer 24-hour visiting and flexible mealtimes where everyone is welcome. Each home also creates its own bi-monthly newsletter, which means family and friends can stay up to date with what’s happening in the home and are encouraged to get involved if they wish.
Everyone expects happiness as a basic requirement, and our residents enjoy living with us in our residential homes.
We identify our residents’ likes and dislikes, from music to food and even down to how they take their tea, and we always treat you as an individual. Your peace of mind and happiness are important to us.
The Kingsley approach to care
Listening and understanding
Here at Kingsley, we value communication. We talk to you, we hear what you say and, most importantly, we listen. We understand that when our staff spend time with our residents and listen to them, they’ll feel valued, and we’ll understand your needs and wishes. Our aim is mutual understanding between you and the staff. And, of course, genuine care is achieved through communication - talking and listening and then responding. We listen to residents to truly understand their needs and wishes. Communication is at the heart of Kingsley residential care.
We are passionate about person-centred care. We take the time not just to understand all of our residents’ care needs but get to know them as individuals and support them in a way that makes them feel comfortable and content.
We take care to preserve the dignity of all who live in our retirement homes. Everyone deserves respect for who they are as individuals and what they have done in their lives. We respect all who choose to make their home with us. This is your time to be cared for, like you may have spent your life caring for others.
Quality is important to us
We have a compliance team in place to ensure that all managers offer a quality service and that every Kingsley care home offers the highest possible standards for our residents.
Our staff are highly trained, vetted with DBS checks, and frequently go above and beyond to help our residents. Skills and kindness are key factors when it comes to appointing them. Those who want to improve their daily performance and progress their career with us can participate in internal award recognitions chosen by you, the residents, and their peers.
We understand that our staff’s performance directly influences you or your relative’s wellbeing. And our wonderful staff know that the more they help and communicate with you, the greater the job satisfaction they receive.
We promote and champion personal choice and independence for all our residents. Through gentle encouragement and promoting activities, we focus on what can be achieved rather than what can’t. We offer choices in all aspects of care so that our residents continue to have a say in how they would like to be treated and cared for. We offer a range of choices, so it’s up to the individual to decide what they want to do, and we’ll always offer the support that’s in your best interests.
Compliance is keyWe monitor our quality of care by observing the daily living experience of people in our homes. We also have a compliance team to ensure a high quality of care throughout the Kingsley Healthcare Group.
Person-centred care is at the centre of everything we believe at Kingsley Healthcare. Our description of person-centred care is that it is a holistic approach focusing on each resident’s unique qualities.
Key points to this include:
- We engage with an individual first and discover their specific care requirements afterwards
- We always take time to understand the individual’s personality and story, their life before moving into the home, who they are, what they’ve done and what matters most to them.
- We aim to encourage the kind of social involvement and activity that brings out the best in an individual so everyone can feel included.
- All our staff are trained in our person-centred care philosophy
Examples of person-centred care in practice in Kingsley care homes
- Helping residents do as many things for themselves as possible
- Promote an atmosphere built on freedom, not control
- Allow you to feel like a valued member of our community and help you carry on with life-long hobbies and interests
- We aim to become your friend and, where possible, work together with you, and help you understand the running of the home.
- Some routine is necessary, but this need not be rigid. We always encourage choice and flexibility.
- We ensure that our care homes across the UK allow our residents to feel physically and emotionally safe and secure.
“Staff and residents are good friends” – that’s why Kingsley is different.”